Tuesday, August 18, 2020

The Last CDP Theme Day: A Favorite Photo

For years, the first day of each month has meant "Theme Day" to City Daily Photo bloggers.  We have had colors for themes.  Locations.  Abstract thoughts.  Numbers.  

Well, September 1 will be the final Theme Day, so CDP bloggers are asked to look over their archives and show us a favorite image.

This photograph of Megan combines three of my favorite things.  First, for 40 years I have lived at least part of the year two blocks from Hartford, Connecticut's Elizabeth Park, where this photo was taken.  Second, I like meeting complete strangers, learning a bit about them, and making portrait photos.  (Megan's mother was in a photo club and Megan volunteered to be a subject for the club members . . . I sneaked in.)  And, finally, I like beauty in all of its forms. and Megan had beauty in abundance.

So, go find a favorite photo and show it to us on September 1.  That will be a bittersweet time on two dimensions for me.  It will close the book on the CDP portal, though CDP bloggers will continue posting on their blogs and will use other outlets like Facebook and Instagram to share their creativity.  And, it is a week before the day when I close on the purchase of a new summer home in southwestern Connecticut and prepare to leave the house where my kids grew up. 

8 comments:

  1. I will miss the theme days! I don't think I have missed doing a post for any of the months since I joined the CDP community many moons ago.
    Good luck with your changes too, Jack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat - the theme days will not go away. I hope to have a note about this on the FB and two Blogger pages in the net couple of days. Bob Crowe

      Delete
  2. I will sorely miss the theme days, after years, month after month. Well, c'est la vie. Good luck in CT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat - the theme days will not go away. I hope to have a note about this on the FB and two Blogger pages in the net couple of days. Bob Crowe

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Pat - the theme days will not go away. I hope to have a note about this on the FB and two Blogger pages in the net couple of days. Bob Crowe

      Delete
  4. It's been a great ride CDP, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat - the theme days will not go away. I hope to have a note about this on the FB and two Blogger pages in the net couple of days. Bob Crowe

    ReplyDelete

Actually, it will probably be first on Facebook, or Twitter, or maybe you'll hear about it from the nice old guy next door. Whatever the case, if you have news to share, how about sharing it with us, so we can share it with everyone and actually make these pages useful?

HAVE YOU GOT YOURS?

One of our banners in the side bar of your blog? Find them on our MEMBER'S BADGE PAGE!

THEME DAYS


Blog Archive

City Daily Photo - Taking you around the world every day.